Monday 25 March 2019

DFI 2019 Day1

Attended 1st Digital Fluency Intensive session on 20 March 2019 at Grey High School, Greymouth. The session covered many areas which are included in the agenda under Core Business West Coast Cluster No.1.

I learnt that I could introduce Google Groups whereby I could email/message the children in my class en bloc to pass on messages / important information. Also sending feedback on their work. This could also be used for information for parents of upcoming events or happenings in Room 1.

By using the information learnt during the day and having rewind access to the sessions will enable me to go over this in my own time and pace. This will increase my confidence over time which will benefit the children and my professional development.
I also learnt the importance of voice recording and some of the ways that it could assist the children in both reading and writing. I also was shown how create tables that can be used for setting out newsletters, brochures etc.



2 comments:

  1. It was great to see that you got so much out of the first DFI day Kevin. I am impressed that you have already worked out how you can use some of the skills you have learnt. I look forward to seeing them happening in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin, it was great to have you onboard and to read here about what resonated with you.

    Google Groups is a super useful tool. You will find that Hapara have set up the class groups for you already, so learning that email address to send emails to your whole class is useful.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughtful, helpful, positive comments.